Our story in brief
Amanda Boyle created Bloom in 2010, when she spotted an imminent funding gap for startups, early stage businesses, community project, art and culture... in fact, anything that needs the smallest amount of cash to get going.. The idea is simple, harness the power of the crowd (that’s you, me and everyone around us) and, in return for financial contributions – no matter how small, claim a reward from project owners.
With the support of a small but very clever team who pioneered the crowdfunding sector in the UK, Amanda is now developing the next steps - working with companies and brands to make more of their resources to support local initiatives and campaigns.
- Amanda has been on an entrepreneurial adventure for more than 20 years.
- Amanda has worked for corporates, started, invested in, sold and bought businesses.
- In addition to the joys of success, she has experienced the bumps and bruises of business relationships that went wrong.
- All of which she is happy to speak about, why those experiences laid the foundations for Bloom.
- LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/amandajboyle
- Bloom is independently owned and operated in the UK
- 43% of projects published are funded
- 85% of funded projects exceed their targets
- the average promise is £46
Here are just a few examples, see our www.bloomvc.com/projects section for more.
- Bonnie Bling – gained funding for new production technology to keep up with increased demand, and is now selling bespoke jewellery to some of the biggest sports and music stars http://bloomvc.com/project/Big-up-our-Bling
- Fishwives Choir – having lost her husband at sea, founder Jane Dolby gained invaluable support from The Fisherman’s Mission Charity and wanted to give something back. She gained funding to produce a single, with all sales going to the charity. http://bloomvc.com/project/The-Fishwives-Choir
- The Ecosse Candle Company – founder Sandra Diamond spotted a need to produce a premium quality, more environmentally friendly candle made in Scotland. And she wasn’t wrong. She raised more than £13,000 and the business has grown significantly in the past 12 months. http://bloomvc.com/project/Lets-boost-manufacturing-in-Scotland
Images and videos
- For Bloom logos and material, visit www.bloomvc.vom/bloom-resources
- To see images and videos of projects that have been funded, or those currently live on the platform, visit www.bloomvc.com/projects
For more information, visit www.bloomvc.com/faqs.